Portobel, a rapidly-growing startup that is transforming the way that quality, fresh, locally-sourced foods are delivered to customers, has an immediate need for both full-time and part-time Driver Managers/Dispatchers to join our Operations team based in Palo Alto.
As a Driver Manager/Dispatcher, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Driver Management ~ You will be directly responsible for managing a team of 20+ drivers, including scheduling and resolving scheduling conflicts, holding drivers accountable for showing up consistently and on time, monitoring and evaluating driver performance and providing coaching and disciplinary action when needed.
- Team Expansion ~ You will assist in all aspects of the hiring process of new drivers, including recruiting, onboarding, training, and coaching new drivers.
- Route Planning, Monitoring, and Dispatch ~ You will plan and monitor delivery routes, ensuring that all deliveries are successfully completed in a timely manner.
- Customer Support ~ You will monitor and respond to customer support issues quickly and efficiently, and with a high degree of service and professionalism.
- Process Evaluation and Improvement ~ Working directly with our Head of Operations and other key members of our team, you will continuously evaluate current processes and identify areas for improvement. You will be instrumental in implementing these changes and training drivers and other staff on these changes.
- Rescue Driving ~ You may need to be a back-up driver in the event that a driver is unable to fulfill their scheduled route(s
The successful candidate for this role will possess the following skills/attributes:
- You have strong leadership skills and can effectively coach, motivate, and lead your team to a high level of success and professionalism.
- You are able to effectively manage delivery operations and ensure that drivers successfully complete daily delivery routes throughout the Bay Area
- You are able to prioritize and resolve problems quickly and efficiently
- You are capable of evaluating processes and implementing improvements
- You have a positive, professional attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- You are familiar with the use of common software applications on mobile devices and computers
- A minimum of 1 year of driver management and 1 year of dispatch experience
- Great communication abilities
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills
- Be able to interact with customers and provide them with the highest level of service
- Ability to manage 20+ drivers
- Work well under pressure
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Full-time flexibility is a plus
- $25 - $30 per hour, depending on experience
- Competitive compensation plan with full benefits package (Health, Dental, Vision, 401(K), PTO) available to full-time employees
- We’ll work with your schedule to find the best working hours
- Growth and advancement for motivated and hard-working individuals seeking long-term career opportunities
Who We Are:
Portobel delivers fresh, local foods to customers throughout the Bay Area. We are growing rapidly and expanding our team, with many opportunities to advance within the company. We have an unparalleled focus on quality, service, and communication.
We pick up daily batches of orders from local sources and deliver them fresh on the same day, directly to customers throughout the Bay Area. Our delivery network features both refrigerated cargo vans and drivers who use their own vehicles to cover shorter routes.